Saturday, January 15, 2011

Conquering the King's Gauntlet

Hi readers!

Today, I am going to tell you all about the hard work I have put in to successfully conquer the King's Gauntlet.

As you see, the King's Gauntlet is a map where you have to go up eight tiers(floors) to catch the Eclipse Mouse. Unlike Furoma, hunters need not travel to the next tier, and all they need to do it to arm the cheese that is used to attract mice on that tier to move to that particular tier. For each floor, mice drop potions which can convert ordinary cheese into tier cheese used for catching the mice on the next tier(for example, if you catch a tier 1 mouse, it may drop a tier 2 potion, and you can use it t make tier 2 cheese).

Going up eight tiers is no easy task. Although catching the mice here is as easy as ABC, as you advance tier by tier, the percentage of potions dropped by the mice drops. In tier one, you may get three tier 2 potions out of ten hunts, but only one tier 3 out of ten hunts in tier two. That is the most irritating part of the King's Gauntlet.

Hunters usually give up between tier 5 to 7, where the percentage of potions being dropped is very little. I was one of them too. During my first attempt, I dropped out when I ran out of tier 5 cheese. I was even closer to getting the Eclipse Mouse when I did not get any tier 8 potions in tier 7.

However, on my third and final attempt, thanks to Ronza's Ultimate Luck Charm, which adds a fascinating 20 luck on my trap, I successfully caught a Fiend Mouse with a tier 8 potion. After which, the Eclipse Mouse is just chicken feat.

The reward of the Eclipse Mouse is just amazing! A wholesome lot of 300,000 gold and 379,000 points, the points it gave is about three times the points given by the second "most number of points mouse" and the same goes for its gold.

Have a look at this!

I checked my trap and found that I had caught a mouse!
I caught an 5 oz. Eclipse Mouse worth 379,000 points and 300,000 gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment